Monday, January 31, 2011

Tax Workshop for Artists with Joe Weatherby

Thanks to Dancers' Group, my fiscal sponsor, I was able to take Joe Weatherby's tax workshop for artists for free.  Although I've been preparing my own taxes for several years now, I wanted to make sure that with Project. B. finances and expenses, I am up to date on how I am supposed to file not just as a dancer and teacher but now also as a choreographer/producer.   It was great to hear what he had to say about filing and what were valid deductions as an artist.  I had no idea I could write off my laundry (mostly dance clothes)!  But best of all,  he made it clear how not to have a loss on my Schedule C.

If you want to check him out, his website address is www.taxes4artists.com

Happy filing!

No comments:

Post a Comment