Sunday, February 5, 2012

MEET KATHERINE WELLS PERFORMING IN SOL Y SOMBRA FEBRUARY 17-18, GARAGE 8 PM

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/214316

Where are you from? Sunnyvale, CA

Where did you study? Western Ballet School

How long have you been dancing? I began my training 19 years ago.

What got you into dancing? After many years of dancing around the house and refusing lessons, it wasn’t until an older sister started taking jazz. Then I wanted to be just like her.

What dancer(s) or people inspire you? Samuel Roberts

What inspires you to keep on dancing? Dancing gives me the greatest, most direct and deepest access to who I truly am. This along with the desire to share and tell stories is more addictive than anything. Even more than ice cream:)

Who are your role models? My mom. She’s my hero.

Outside of dancing professionally, do you have any hobbies or other interests? I have had a journal since I was 5. I always have something to write with at all times. I have also been obsessed with salsa dancing since I lived 3 blocks away from a salsa club in Denver when I was 20.

Have you ever used your talents for the good of the community? Volunteering performances and teaching for various benefits and outreach.

What was your most embarrassing dance moment? Being the most downstage dancer in the corps for the ballet, Paquita and facing upstage 16 counts early.

No comments:

Post a Comment