Monday, January 30, 2012

MEET NORMA FONG PERFORMING IN SOL Y SOMBRA FEBRUARY 18-19, GARAGE 8 PM


BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!
https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/214316

Where are you from? Sunnyvale, CA

Where did you study? California Institute of the Arts

How long have you been dancing? Professionally, for about 7 years, but I began taking dance classes 19 years ago.

What got you into dancing? 
I would have to say, indirectly, my mom. She put me in a ballet class when I was five years old but I absolutely hated it. Several years later, I randomly went up to my mom and asked to take ballet again. I haven’t left since.

What dancer(s) or people inspire you? 
On an every day basis, my peers. On a weekly basis, Michael Jackson.


What inspires you to keep on dancing? 
The passion for music, musicality, rhythm, and movement. The love for the adrenaline rush that results from taking a physical risk. The satisfaction of achieving and conquering a challenge. 

Who are your role models? 
My parents and my brother.

Outside of dancing professionally, do you have any hobbies or other interests? 
I enjoy singing, playing the piano, sometimes together. I also like to read, drink beer, and play video games; sometimes together:)

Have you ever used your talents for the good of the community? 
I teach Chinese Folk Dance to children in Chinatown. I also had the pleasure of helping Project. B. with the Spark mentorship program. Along with the other dance companies I dance with, I also participate in outreach to various elementary schools.

What was your most embarrassing dance moment? 
I was running offstage after a solo and ran into a shinbuster on the floor. I did a penguin face plant in the wing but I was not entirely off stage yet. Aside from making a huge noisy commotion with kicking the shins, I succeeded in getting some gasps from the audience members.

No comments:

Post a Comment