Monday, February 14, 2011

Performance Opportunities

When my husband and I decided to move to the Bay Area, I took a chance not knowing what opportunities would come my way in the dance field.  But as I get more involved not just as a dancer and teacher but now as a choreographer, I am finding that the community is very supportive of its artists.  There are other cities where I've encountered very territorial pockets of dance communities/ organizations.  But here in the Bay Area, I was surprised at how many organizations open up their centers not only to well established and renowned artists but to people like me- an emerging choreographer.  In the last two weeks, Project. B. received confirmation of two other locations where we will have the opportunity to perform.

Thanks to Levydance for making us a part of the Salon on April 2, 2011
 and to
Western Ballet for allowing us to show our work April 23, 2011 during Bay Area National Dance Week


No comments:

Post a Comment